- The Pakistan Flag is the National Flag of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
It is not the flag of a particular political party or community.
- The Pakistan Flag was designed by Quaid-i- Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan.
- Mr. Liaqat Ali Khan, the first Prime Minister of Pakistan presented the National Flag to the Constituent Assembly on 11th August 1947
for its formal approval.
- The National Flag of Pakistan is dark green in colour with a white vertical bar, a white crescent in the centre and a five –pointed star.
The significance of the colour and symbols used in the Pakistan Flag is as follows:-
- The white and dark green field represents peace and prosperity.
- The crescent on the Flag represents progress.
- The five- rayed star represents light and knowledge.